Watch: How To Make Tasty and Crunchy Potato-Rice Poppers at Home
There’s nothing more comforting than a snack of fried potatoes. Crunchy, golden and delicious – they can lift our mood anytime, any day. Most of them are also very easy to make. You don’t need fancy ingredients or complicated techniques—just a handful of seasonings and basic skills. If you’re looking for a different potato snack, we have a great one for you: Potato-Rice Poppers. We found this recipe on YouTube channel ‘Cook With Parul’. These bite sized snacks are packed with lovely flavor and can be easily prepared in 15-20 minutes. Don’t confuse them with rice fritters. These poppers do not require gram flour. instead, rice is used to get a unique texture. Check out the recipe below.
Read also: Tired of French Fries? 5 fresh and unique ideas for potato snacks
How to make Potato Rice Popper at home | Cook with Parul recipe
what you need:
The base of this snack is boiled potatoes mixed with rice flour paste. Readymade rice flour is not required, just soaked rice. For seasoning, you can use oregano, chilli flakes, ginger garlic paste, black pepper and salt. A chopped carrot, capsicum and tomato are also required. A teaspoon of baking powder can be added for extra crispiness.
Read also: These delicious pakoras are made without gram flour, but are just as tasty
how to prepare:
- Grate three boiled potatoes and take them out in a large bowl.
- Grind the soaked rice with little water in a grinder to make a smooth paste. Add this to the grated potatoes and mix well.
- Add spices of your choice: Italian/pizza seasonings such as oregano and chili flakes are recommended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add finely chopped vegetables like tomato, carrot and green capsicum.
- Finally add ginger garlic paste and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- In a glass, insert a clear, airtight plastic bag with one corner inside. (If you have a disposable icing bag, you can use that too). Pour a portion of the mixture into the bag and seal the edges tightly.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying. Once thoroughly heated, cut off the sides of the bag. Squeeze and cut portions of the mixture into small bites as it drops into the hot oil.
- Fry the poppers till golden brown and serve hot with ketchup, chilli sauce or cheese dip.
To learn the exact amount of ingredients and how to use the bag correctly, watch the short video below:
Read also: 5 mouth-watering dip recipes to take your momo game to the next level
Simple as that, isn’t it? It takes very less time to make these delicious poppers. Try them at home today and let us know how it turned out.
About Toshita SawhneyToshita is inspired by the play of words, wanderlust, awe and alliteration. When she’s not blissfully thinking about her next meal, she enjoys reading novels and walking around town.