love fenugreek? You will love this Homemade Lasooni Methi Recipe
Are you looking for a new gravy to pair with your chapatis? Do you like the taste of garlic? Do you need to include more greens in your diet? If yes, then we have the perfect recipe for you: delicious lasooni methi. As the name indicates, ‘lasooni’ means that the main flavor of this dish is derived from garlic – and this dish requires 15-20 cloves (at least!). Fenugreek or Methi is a nutritious green vegetable that some of us love and some hate. Fenugreek fans will definitely enjoy this unique and tangy recipe from this veggie. As for fenugreek haters, they should also give this dish a chance – it’s so flavourful, you won’t feel compelled to eat your greens. Check out our quick recipe below.
Read also: This quick and easy Methi Parantha recipe can be made for a fiber rich breakfast
How to make lasooni methi at home
what you need:
This restaurant-style dish looks complicated but uses simple ingredients. Gravy spices include onion, tomato, chili, cumin, turmeric, hing, garam masala, salt, and garlic. You also need small amounts of peanuts, white sesame seeds and gram flour. You can use whole bunches of fenugreek for this recipe. In other words, once roughly chopped, it equals about 2-3 cups.
how to prepare:
- Make a paste by mixing peanuts, white sesame seeds and gram flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and whole garlic. Fry and then add all the chopped fenugreek leaves. Cook for a minute and keep aside. In the same pan again add oil and cumin seeds.
- Now add chopped garlic, Kashmiri chili, onion and later add chopped tomato.
- Add the pre-prepared paste and mix well. Add the spices mentioned earlier along with salt to taste.
- Mix the ingredients well. When this masala paste cooks and leaves the pan, add the previously prepared fenugreek mixture to it. Mix it well with the masala paste.
- Cook for 4-5 more minutes. Serve hot and enjoy it with chapatis.
Read also: Papad curry, aloe vera curry and more: 5 interesting vegetables you must try
Tips to keep in mind while making lasooni methi:
- Roast the ingredients of the paste (peanuts, sesame seeds and gram flour) separately before blending. It gives extra flavor to the dish.
- Keep adding water little by little as needed to loosen the spices. The ingredients need to be spread properly in the spice mix. Water helps to avoid a dense consistency.
- Stir fenugreek well and mix it in the spices. You have to mix it well with the gravy base so that it gets cooked completely.
For the full recipe and quantity of Lasooni Methi, click here.
Make this dish for your next meal and discover a new favorite! Let us know how it turns out.
About Toshita SawhneyToshita is inspired by the play of words, wanderlust, awe and alliteration. When she’s not blissfully thinking about her next meal, she enjoys reading novels and walking around town.