AIIMS will conduct PG entrance exam
The National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) has asked AIIMS to postpone its PG entrance exam scheduled for June 11. , Some modifications have also been made in the in-practice procedures by AIIMS.
“The decision of AIIMS to conduct the PG entrance exam at such a short notice is totally unfair and will put the students at risk. The pandemic is spreading rapidly and it is unwise to put the lives of medical students at risk, the organization said in a statement.
“The exam center can take all precautions but still no chances can be taken. On one hand we are appreciating the doctors treating COVID-19 patients and on the other hand we are harassing the medical students who will be the future doctors who will take the exam before their precious lives,” NSUI National Secretary Lokesh Chugh said in the statement.
The student body has also asked AIIMS to follow the NTA, which has rescheduled most of its exams in view of the wide spread of Covid-19.
Following are the measures adopted by AIIMS for conducting the entrance examination
- AIIMS revises admit card to include announcement related to COVID-19
- Admit card now has bar code for touch free entry
- Entry to the examination hall will be timed to avoid any crowding.
- Candidates appearing for the examination will be required to wear face masks and follow hand hygiene procedures.
- “At the registration desk, the face of the candidates will be captured by the camera. The candidate will have to clean the left thumb with alcohol-based sanitizer before and after marking the attendance. Attendance with all proper hygiene and social distancing measures Best practice has been adopted to enter the exam centre,” the AIIMS guidelines said.
- Candidates are not required to bring photograph but must bring an identity card which will be verified
- A seat will be vacant between two candidates in such a way that there is a distance of six feet between the two candidates.
- All the seats, desk, keyboard, mouse and other components will be cleaned a day before the exam.